Missy Avila case, Michele Avila Photos and Karen Severson Photos






 As you can see, Tiffani Amber Thiessen was a good choice to play Missy Avila. The movie producers changed her character to a White American. The real life Michelle Avila was a Hispanic . She spoke both English and Spanish. In the movie her personality is more laid back and mild mannered. The real life Missy is described as a young lady who did not hold back her tongue. She was also described as a tough kid who would stand up for herself. She was a short and thin young lady with a petite figure. She was attending the continuation with Laura and Karen school due to behavior problems.

Here is the link to her Facebook Memorial Page. You can join the page and speak with Victor Amaya, and I think her brother, and another close friend is on the page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-a-friend-Michele-Avila/162652417104502#!/pages/Remembering-a-friend-Michele-Avila/162652417104502http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-a-friend-Michele-Avila/162652417104502#!/pages/Remembering-a-friend-Michele-Avila/162652417104502



Here is Karen Severson below

Karen Severson was 5 feet 2 inches and weighed 200 pounds. She is described as having an intimidating personality and demeanor. She was seen as the ringleader of the group. According to the source: "Her parents spoiled her rotten. She got everything she wanted. She had a motorcycle and too much freedom. Her parents would leave her at home by herself many times while they were away. Karen became pregnant for Randi Fernandez, but she had an abortion. She later became pregnant with Stephanie. The father is unknown. Karen also has a sister named Stephanie."

Now here is Laura Doyle



Laura Doyle was described as "red haired with crooked teeth." According to several sources, Laura was actually very cute. The picture does not do her justice they say. They said that she had a "killer body," and a nice face with makeup. She was a follower of Karen. Her parents abused her according to the source. She was attending the continuation school due to behavior problems



I don't have an old pic of Victor Amaya. But he is described as a Hispanic male with a tattoo on his arm of a leaf that says "stoner". He was Laura's boyfriend, but he dated Missy too briefly according to Victor. Victor Amaya did not attend the same school as the rest. He attended Catholic school.


Extra Tidits 

Karen, Laura, and Missy went to San Fernando High School, but the continuation school was sort of like an alternative school for kids with issues.






Karen's daughter, Stephanie, is about 24 years old (at the time this article was written), and a person close to the case saw her in or near Arleta about 2 years ago. She was thin, and she had piercings. She had sort of a punk rock appearance. She also seemed very "to herself," says the source.



Missy Avila's name is pronounced (Ah-bee-la)


The group used to like to hang out in Branford Park in Arleta.The park where Missy was murdered is in Angeles National Forrest which is 45 minutes from Arleta.


For more reading
Timeline of Events in the death of Missy (includes extra information)
A Note About Victor Amaya

Also here is a book about the case. The book was written by Karen Kingsbury. The movie was pretty much based on this book.




Read some other True Story movie articles here

32 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances, as a college educated person, I am sure you are aware that I simply post information and updates to my sites. I try to post all sides if possible, and as a college educated person myself, I would never have anyone for dead as you put it. As the moderator of this blog I try to not to post information that is too offensive or too sensitive. But I do post what I wish. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am requesting removal of the comments posted by Frances on Jan 4. This is a private account that was accessed by an unauthorized individual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I totally agree. I never get tired of watching it.

      Delete
    2. After just seeing this case on TV I looked up the details on Wiki and saw that Karen has been released from prison but Laura remains in prison. I'm curious to know why.

      Delete
  5. Might this Frances that posted on Jan. 4, be Stephanie Frances Severson (daughter of Karen Severson)? BTW I found a recent pic. of karen on PrisonPenPals.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was so sad why would her friends do
    that to her if i were her mouther
    i would tell her not to hang out with those
    girls mdeneau2002@yahoo.com april 14 2010

    ReplyDelete
  7. MICHELE AVILA was beautiful i can see why her two BF were jelous of her. But what they did to her was evil and still now thats shes gone she will never be forgottn and its sad that she died just for being beautiful. laura and karen certainly were not and they still arent! They never will be after what they did to her. they deserve to rott in prison and burn with the devil. and NOTE you really should leave these posted up and let people express how they feel why have this website if your going to delete? Thoughts and prayers to michele avilas family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found Stephanie's facebook page (she's pretty)and it says that her "mom" is her inspiration. Um--I get she's her mother and all, but she's not exactly a pillar of the society to be inspired by. If I were her attractive friends, I wouldn't walk--I'd run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stephaie was a very young girl when all this happened i think karen was protecting stephanie from laura ,she already knew what she was capable of it doesnt make it right but she served her time and god will be the one to judge karen.stephaie i hope you grew up to be a wonderful girl like the little girl i saw you in the x-mas play!

      Delete
  9. I am from the area where this crime occured, Pacoima to be exact. I was a very, very young child when this occured but I do remember vaguely, hearing my cousin talk about a classmade of hers being found murdered in the mountains. So, I asked her about it a couple days ago and she told me the girl was known as "missy" but couldnt remember her real name. She almost cried when we went online and found the pictures you have posted here. Any way, I've also heard that one of the murderers' mothers was part of the Robert Blake jury and failed to disclose that fact that her daughter had killed someone during jury selection interviews(hope she got some sort of perjury charge for that one). But I digress; does anyone, by any chance, know where these girls lived? I don't mean the city, but I'd like to know the exact address. I'd be interested in knowing just how close they were to eachother geographically. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for your response. I have posted the facebook page for Missy Avila. Join that facebook page. Her family members, brother, friends, are all members of that page. Go and type your question there. I am sure you will get a response.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe that either of those skanks could possibly ever breathe free air again. I cannot understand two "friends" could do such a horrific thing. Jealousy just makes animals out of people. These two women should never walk out of that prison amongst free society again. I just hope they'll get their true comeuppance one day. Especially Karen Severson. Look at the evil in her eyes in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm from Arleta funny I have seen that movie so many times but never knew it was so close to home now hmm one of the girls worked at Vons I used to work at Vons eerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew all of them...even the witness that wasnt convicted! 30 years later.. i still remember getting the call asking if i saw Missy because she was missing!Seems like yesterday.Scary how time flies . God Bless u and your family Missy ! I couldnt call you an angel girl...but you sure didnt deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was born the same year as Missy. Because I lived near her in the San Fernando Valley, I followed the case pretty closely. We had a lot of similarities, and it really affected me.

    In around 1992, I lived in an apartment in Studio City. I had a next door neighbor named Eva Chirumbolo. I had NO idea that she was none other than the eyewitness to the murder because at the time, I had read the book "Missy's Murder" and she had been given a pseudonym in the book. She was married to a reather abusive guy, and I always kind of felt sorry for her. Had I known who she was, I would have definitely asked her about the case.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missy's last name is pronounced av-EE-la. The only reason it would be pronounced differently would be so it could be pronounced easier by English speakers. I should know as it's my family name.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw the story about Missy on ID tv. I just wanted to send condolences to the family for this horrific loss. No one should endure such torture. My heart is heavy as I cannot understand the evil that people do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did anyone notice that in that photo of Laura Doyle, her hair was styled just like Missy's hair? Wow, these girls really were jealous of Missy. This is why I don't keep close female friends; women can be very competitive and unkind, but they took it to a whole other level. I hope God will somehow touch their hearts and minds and change them. I feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. does karen keep in touch with her daughter or laura?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Missy looked like a member of an 80s hair band, lol. Definitely not the described beauty that her deluded friends and family claim she was.

    Also, was she adopted? Her family is supposedly Hispanic, but she looked White.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are a horrible and ugly person.

      Delete
    2. Your comment just proves how even in a horrible case like this, there are people out there that seem to be like the two girls that murdered Missy... Who makes a comment like that about someone you was murdered!?! Missy was very pretty.

      Delete
    3. And what do looks have to do with a person being murdered? Pretty or not, she did not deserve to die. Comments like this need to be ignored, since it makes no sense.

      Delete
    4. Of course, the person who wrote this nasty comment went under the name "anonymous." Coward!

      Delete
    5. Of course, the person who wrote this nasty comment posted it under "anonymous." Coward!

      Delete
  20. I can not believe California would parole these 2 miscreants! I'm not speaking of the punitive aspect, I am speaking about the publics safety! The fat one actually enjoyed watching Missy's mother in indescribable anguish! I have 7 children, 4 of them daughters & I have 2 baby grandaughters. I am retired from working in the Court System & although I am not an expert, I have seen children & teens so damaged or just plain pyschopaths! It is sad but some people can NOT BE REHABILITATED! The fact the fat one actually enjoyed watching Missy's mother suffer indescribable anguish is reason alone to let her fat body rot in prison! The one that looks like Aileen Wournos appears so in remorseful even after 25 years is enough for her to rot also! The daughter of the fat one " looks up to her mother", is not a normal response! Most children of murderers say they love their parent but DESPITE their evilness! I hate to blame parents for their children's crimes, but if the daughter of the fat one was raised by the parents of her fat mother then there is an obvious connection! The fat ones daughter is not a stable 20 something! If she actually said that horrendous remark! I pray that those 2 murderers do not torture & kill again! They were seething in prison for a quarter century and I am sure their HATE FILLED SOULESS BODIES are ready to torment someone else they become envious of! I pray that Missy's mother & all who loved that BEAUTIFUL GIRL have found some peace & happiness! I know that their pain will never diminish but life brings some joy through loved ones and children!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karen Severson was released from prison on December 9, 2011 after serving 21 years. Laura Doyle was released from prison in December 2012 after serving 22 years, according to Wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  22. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Michele-Missy-Avila-Page/709043439135368

    ReplyDelete
  23. missy was gorgeous. very pretty, loyal girl. what is really sad is she loved these girls until her last breath.karen has slandered her and her family in her stupid book. i think she is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

    ReplyDelete